Thursday, April 16, 2009

Breezin’ thru Philly

Today was a quick day trip to Philly for a presentation I gave at a small conference (on behalf of a client) at Kimmel Center, host of Philly’s orchestra and performing arts. The space is beautiful with lots of natural light and a great decor (check out my pic of a cool, glittery piece representing Monet’s haystacks).

The last time I was in Philly was in 2005 for a fun client product launch held at a cute clothing boutique, Third Street Habit with my friend Michelle. We ate like queens during that trip (no surprise since she pens clevelandfoodie). We dined at Morimoto (amazing sushi, rock shrimp and a funky décor) and Cuba Libre (we tried every flavor of mojitos). Today, I was just able to grab quick bites at random. :(

Since my preso wasn’t until early afternoon, I cabbed it to the Philadelphia Art Museum to hole up in its café with free wi-fi to get some work done. And, of course, to check out the Cezanne & Beyond exhibit over lunch. I didn’t even realize until I got there that the front steps are the ones immortalized in Rocky…duh.

The museum is really impressive, and it was really busy over lunch. It’s huge (twss). I love how it built in architectural elements into the gallery spaces. For example, there was a super cool Japanese teahouse (oh, Japan!), an arch and massive doors from an abbey and even an area that made me feel like I was standing in the middle of a piazza.

The weather was gorgeous today (c’mon Spring!). Too bad I couldn’t stay longer. I could go for some noshing at great dining spots and browsing at galleries and boutiques on Third Street.

Today is my niece’s 1st birthday! Happy birthday, Aly! And, check out my handsome mini-me Justin Timberlake nephew rocking out his Easter basket…

No comments:

Post a Comment