Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Averting Final Destination 5

I'm sure many of you have heard about the San Diego military plane crash by now (thanks to everyone who checked in to make sure we were OK). I'm starting to feel like I'm living my own personal version of Final Destination since disaster appears to be chasing my heels, particularly after my near-miss of the Bangkok airport snafu and now the plane crash while I'm in San Diego on vacay. Very strange.

Otherwise, having a good time. The weather has been in the 60s, and I've been able to bum around in flip flops and my fav capri jeans, so life is good.

Nothing too exciting happened yesterday. I walked to the mall to score my running shoes (yes, I finally worked out) and also snagged a pair of plum velvet pants from Banana that I noticed in a magazine spread I read on the flight out here (Phil: I swear I used gift cards left over from my bday).

Met up with Phil for lunch and dinner (check out the pic of our longboard pizza), and then we both crashed pretty early. B-O-R-I-N-G. He did have his poster presentation last night, so he was pretty worn out. I, however, had no excuse since I pretty much lounged for most of the day (awesome).

Tuesdays are free museum days in San Diego, so I've got a nice walk plotted out for myself...as soon I get a draft of my Thailand article done...some big time procrastination has been going on.

Tonight we're headed to a fun Mexican joint for Taco Tuesdays and might crash Mandi's party at the Hard Rock if we don't run out of steam first.

2 comments:

  1. enjoy the museums. I'm heading to the artistic luxury show this Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that exhibit! I have a free ticket, so I will go again before it's over. Check out the Faberge tiny easel of portraits..you'll know it when you see it.

    ReplyDelete