Friday, January 25, 2013

Sundance eats

Steam buns, Japanese pumpkin soup and Forbidden Tofu from Wahso, avocado salad from Chimayo

While I only saw one film, I did get a table at some delightful restaurants during my trip here. (Disclosure: my client coordinated and promoted dining promotions at many of these spots.)

During Sundance, many restaurants create prix fixe menus just for the festival. While they feature delicious options, they can be pricey ($80). And, some even turn away festival goers so locals can still access their favorite spots like I read here.

My first night at the festival, my flight got in too late for the opening ceremony, so I popped into Wahso, an Asian restaurant on Main Street. That was my favorite meal! They had a prix fixe menu, and I chose steam buns, a Japanese pumpkin soup and an entree called Forbidden Tofu. All of it was delish! I ordered a sake martini, and to my surprise, my server left the whole shaker on my table for refills...I thought we were in Utah??? It was a shame that I was working.

Friday night, a co-worker and I were famished yet unfinished with the day's projects, so we set up a work dinner at Escala Provisions Co. in the Hyatt within the Canyons Resort. I particularly enjoyed the scallops. There was great live music that made for some lovely ambiance -- iPads and all.

Sunday night, we tried Chimayo on Main Street. It was lighted up so prettily! Super busy when we went. The house margarita, goat cheese and mozzarella chile relleno and an avocado salad all were awesome!

Monday night we popped in at Main Street Pizza & Noodle for some garlic knots and then grabbed some fudge from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.

Really wanted to try some lodge dining, but it wasn't in the cards. Hope there's a next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment