Last summer when I was super pregs and had limited traveling options, my favorite out-of-town gal pals came to visit me and my belly. Luckily, this summer, I’m getting a repeat performance.
My friend Jen from Charlotte is visiting this weekend, and Sarah and her minis are coming in next weekend for Dylan’s one-year birthday parties (Yes, parties…one for each side of the fam).
Sarah has been my mom role model ever since I visited her and three-week-old Ella and realized that you can be a mom and not be a hermit. I’m hoping that I have a similar effect on Jen as we eat, shop and stroll in the Cleve off and on with The Pickle.
Here’s the tentative itinerary for the weekend:
- Farmer’s market/food truck noshing
- E. 4th shopping at The Dredger’s Union
- Rock Hall for Women Who Rock exhibit (they have Lady Gaga’s meat dress!)
- Maybe rooftop dining at The Greenhouse Tavern
Ohio City/Tremont/Gordon Square:
- West Side Market chowing and people watching
- Shopping at Room Service
- Maybe dinner at Bac
- Blowing my diet at Sweet Moses
- Shopping at Legacy Village and Brigade on Coventry
- Maybe dinner at Rockefeller’s (haven’t tried yet)
- Fam brunch at Washington Place Bistro
When friends come into town, what’s on your must-see list?