Thursday, March 6, 2008

Vegas may not sleep, but I need to

So, I'm learning that Vegas is not conducive to blogging, at least for me. By the time I get back to my hotel room at night, I pretty much ache for instant slumber and once my head hits the pillow, I'm out like a light (doesn't mean though that I'm still not waking up wide awake at 4:30 a.m.). So, here's a quickie recap of the past two days:

1. Ideas for clients are swirling around in my brain from my conference sessions, and I feel very inspired.

2. I tried pole-aerobics and have a giant bruise on my leg. I think I'll take Zone's advice and try old lady Jazzercise because it won't physically harm me. :)

3. Made a man out of my new Swagelok friend Brent by forcing him to play Pai Gow with us (Brent's flight was delayed in Cleveland for several hours and then canceled. Because the Rapid was shut down from the ice storm, he had to take the bus home Tuesday night. The guy needed to cash in on some karma).

4.Tonight Phil and I enjoyed the most delectable (and expensive) dinner ever at Picasso in Bellagio.

You can check out the menu at Picasso via the link, but I must mention the ambiance was almost as great as the meal. We had amazing eye candy: authentic Picassos on the wall, front-row seats to the fountain show on the lake and gorgeous, fragrant flowers blooming throughout the restaurant. As for my meal, I tried two firsts -- caviar and a quail egg, sampled the best soup ever (Phil's succulent squash soup that was poured over homemade marshmallows) and savored what will go down as my most beloved dessert: warm chocolate fondant cake with espresso ice cream and toffee bits. Friends, this was even better than the Crying Chocolate dessert I fa wn over (and make co-workers sample) at Buddakhan in NYC.

This meal showed me why each ingredient in a dish has a purpose: bitter paired with sweet, rich with salty. I felt like I could taste each layer of flavoring. Magnificent.

Oh, and after three nights of gambling, I haven't lost my shirt yet. All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment