Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Travel by DVD

 
 
Since I'm holed up at home (for the most part) while I wait for Mingus to make his/her arrival, I've been watching A LOT of movies. (I don't think I can bring myself to read anymore baby books without making myself crazy.) I've come to realize, which really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, that my favorites all feature destinations. A couple have pregnancies or births as part of the plot, too (nice bonus as I try to appeal to Mingus). Here's what's on my play list:

Under the Tuscan Sun: Italy
Memoirs of a Geisha: Kyoto
Woman on Top: Brazil/San Francisco
Gladiator: Rome
Troy: Greece (I need to go!)
Chocolat: France
Sense & Sensibility: England

I also recently discovered the show Sam Brown's Asia on The Travel Channel, and I am IN LOVE. Can't wait to see the episodes on Thailand and Japan so I can relive my trips.

Since Phil pretty much hates most of those girly movies and the Asia show :) I'm looking forward to having Mingus be my built-in travel partner, but he/she needs to come out first. C'mon Mingus!

No comments:

Post a Comment