Saturday, October 3, 2009

A morning at MOMA and The Met

My meeting this morning was canceled, so I headed to The Museum of Modern Art and The Metropolitan Museum of Art for quick visits before my flight.

MOMA had a tiny Monet water lilies exhibit, which features only its own collection...all were from Monet's latest years. I guess once you've been to Musee d'Orangerie in Paris, it's hard to be impressed. :) Of course, I loved seeing work from Frida, Van Gogh, Klimt, Chagall, Picasso and Dali. The Scream is never on view when I'm in town, but I did see another Munch painting.

The American Wing Courtyard in the Met is one of my absolute favorite galleries. There are a bunch of Tiffany pieces, including both mosaics and stained glass. I could sit in there for hours. The Met also has a gallery with tons of sculpture...mostly dancers...from Degas, which is really cool.

Both visits were really abbreviated since I was so short on time, but at least I got to go! Back at the airport and getting ready to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment